DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
GROUND AND SURFACE WATER PROTECTION
- Movement by surface runoff or through soil: DO NOT apply under conditions that favor runoff. DO NOT apply if soil is saturated with water or when rainfall that may exceed soil field capacity is forecasted to occur within 48 hours.
- Under some conditions, dicamba has the potential for runoff several days after application. Poorly draining, wet, or erodible soils with readily visible slopes toward adjacent sensitive areas are more prone to produce runoff. When used on erodible soils, best management practices for minimizing runoff should be employed. Consult your local Soil Conservation Service for recommendations in your use area.
- Ground water contamination may occur in areas where soils are permeable or coarse and ground water is near the surface. DO NOT apply to impervious substrates such as paved or highly compacted surfaces in areas with high potential for ground water contamination. DO NOT apply to soils classified as sand with less than 3% organic matter and where ground water depth is shallow.
- XtendiMax® herbicide with VaporGrip® Technology – Applications may be made in-crop up to and including June 30. Applications occurring after R1 are prohibited as crop response may occur and in no event can applications be made after June 30 regardless of growth stage.
- Tavium Plus VaporGrip® Technology – Applications may be made in-crop through June 30 or V4 growth stage in DT soybeans, whichever comes first
- Engenia® Herbicide – Applications may be made in-crop up to and including June 30
2021 Season – These training materials are designed to satisfy federal training requirements. Please check with your state pesticide regulatory agency for additional training and application requirements imposed by your state. V1-11/20